Cadeleigh is a small village in mid-
Devon. It sits in the hills above the
valley of the River Exe at an altitude of
about 600 feet. It is about nine miles
north of Exeter and four miles
southwest of Tiverton.
Cadeleigh parish includes Cadeleigh
village, Little Silver and a number of
more scattered houses and farms.
The total population of the parish is
Cadeleigh was listed in the Domesday
Book as Cadelie, when it had 14
villagers, 5 smallholders, 3 slaves, 4
pigs and 80 sheep.
The village church, dedicated to St.
Bartholomew, dates from the early
part of the 15th century, and is
probably a rebuilding of a much older
12th century church.
Between 1885 and 1963 Cadeleigh had
a railway station, although it was
actually located much closer to the
nearby village of Bickleigh. The station,
on the Exe Valley line, is now used as
the Devon Railway Centre.
Easting: 290938 Northing: 108672
Latitude: 50.87 Longitude: -3.55
Council: Mid Devon District